SureSmile Orthodontic Treatment vs. Conventional Braces
By using customized SureSmile archwires, your orthodontist’s treatment plan will move each tooth to the target position in a more direct path than with traditional braces. With the accuracy and efficiency of SureSmile, your orthodontist can provide a quality of treatment designed to produce high quality results all while spending less time in braces.
1. SureSmile creates a 3D computer model of your bite by using advanced imaging technology to scan your teeth.
2. With the 3D model, the doctor can now see your teeth, the root of your teeth in your jaw bone, and how they all fit together from any angle.
3. Once your treatment plan is determine, SureSmile directs a robot to bend a Shape-Memory Alloy archwire according to your doctor’s prescription.
1. In traditional orthodontics, a doctor uses a plaster model and 2D X-rays to determine a general treatment plan.
2. The finishing positions for your teeth are developed over time by viewing progress at frequent monitoring visits.
3. Archwires are bent by hand at chairside during each appointment, requiring continuous readjustment over the course of treatment.